- Highly capital intensive
- Almost all loads are process critical
- Machines have sensitive electronic controls
- Machines use variable speed drives
- Any significant voltage variation, even for a small fraction of a second, can cause malfunction of drives or controls.
- Sudden stoppages can cause loss of very costly components
- Result can be hours of downtime and substantial costs
- Significant scrap is caused - lost time cannot be recovered
- Scrap + Downtime = Loss of Profit Opportunities
- Active Voltage Conditioner will correct voltage variations;
- voltage sags, voltage phase unbalance, 3 phase harmonics & voltage swells (option)
- AVC’s can be applied to groups of machines, individual machines or a complete site - available in indoor or custom outdoor enclosures.
- AVC’s available at low voltage and medium voltage to 36 kV
- AVC’s have small footprint and very high efficiency
- AVC’s can be located close to sensitive machinery
- AVC allows processes to continue
- Costly unplanned production stoppages are reduced
- Scrap material and emergency maintenance are diminished
- Potential lost sales due to downtime are avoided
- Profits are retained
- Payback period for AVC investment typically less than 12 months
Do you know what unplanned stoppages cost you?
Click here to find out.
Power sags and brownouts create serious and costly production problems.